Monday, April 30, 2012

Pizza Pizza




Who don't love Pizza.I think no one could fight its temptation. Even kids they love it .Idon't see it as junk food at all although I believe it's ithe most nutrious meal at all. It's full of fibres, proteins,carbohydrates & useful fats.All this in a delicious light plate.These factors can be obtained for sure when you make it at home.

Some of my friends make the dough with only flour,water and yeast like the bread dough while others make it with eggs and ghee.My virgine is in between both. it gives the lightness of bead with the richness of pies.

The sauce also is a homemade sauce, I learned it from my mother who is a very creative cook.She used to make us pizza and tarts in our birthdays(me & my brothers).I have albums filled with pictures of the food prepared in these birthdays.From pizza to tarts,cakes and pastrie whether savory or sweet it is all available in a very decorative style.May be I got my passion as I got my genes from my mother or what do you think!! :)   

Ingredients: Dough

2 2/3 cups flour
1/4 cup warm milk
1 tablespoon active yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup warm water (less or more depending on the flour)


Ingredients :Sauce

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1 bell pepper sliced
2 small tomatos chopped
2 tablespoon tomato paste
2 teaspoons thyme
4 tablespoons water
salt& pepper

Topping:
*Pepperoni ,boiled chicken or cooked shrimps,or strained Tuna mixed with 1 lemon juice
*Moderella cheese , cheddar or any kind of cheese you love
*black or green olive according to your preferances


Directions:

In a bowl mix milk,sugar and yeast set aside for 10 min. till the mixture is foamy then add oil.Mix in four and salt till it is about to form a dough. Add warm water a little at a time till the dough is formed. Don;t over dry it or let it too sticky.Knead on a clean surface for 10 mins. in all the directions (rotate the dough while kneading).preheat oven to 180 deg.C . grease the dough with olive oil then cover it with plastic bag and let rise in the kitchen for 30 min minimum.
Prepare the pizza pan by greasing it with olive oil.This step is very important as it gives the pizza the crust that pizza hut has.Now expand dough in the pan to form a very thin dough.let it rest till you prepare the sauce

In a saucepan on medium heat ,put oil then onion till it turned yellow.Add pepper and stir till it's tender then add tomato.Stir the mixture add tomato paste and stir again till it all combined,add thyme salt & pepper ,water.Let it simmer for 5 min.till it turned into a thick sauce

Spread the sauce over the dough,put your favorite topping (I prefer pepperoni or tuna),slices of olives and top it with mozerella and cheddar cheese.

Put it in the oven for 20 min.Serve hot with ketchop,hot chilli sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment